Department of Economics and Social Sciences (WiSo)
Who we are
We combine economic, social, political and legal research and teaching activities of BOKU and are a unique academic establishment in this field in Austria.
Our special concern is the synthesis of economic, ecological, sociological and ethical aspects. Innovation, inter-disciplinarity and internationality define our department culture.
The fields of research and teaching (in one of BOKU’s 8 areas of expertise namely Resources and social dynamics) are:
- Economics, policy and law of the agricultural, food and forest sector, natural resources and the environment
- Sustainable development
- Management of biological resources and environmental policy
- Management strategies of biogenic value added chains
- Governance, rural development and agricultural sociology
- Optimisation and valuation of managerial processes in agriculture, forestry, timber industry, environmental economics and food economy
- Analysis and economic valuation of societal processes
Management and Administration
Addresses & Contact
Info: 1. Stock rechts
Info: 2. Stock